Friday, May 20, 2011

Writing Journal

This month's Chapel Road Artstamps challenge on the Class Act Insider blog  is Anything Goes and we are creating projects fit for a man. I used a blank book to create a writing journal. All of the stamps I used are from the Chapel Road Artstamps sheet Scribe. For the cover I stamped the focal image and framed it in a Spellbinders label. The sentiment was stamped and adhered to a gold panel. I then adhered a pen nib to the sentiment label. On the corners I attached metal corners from the Tim Holtz collection. On the inside cover I stamped the writing hand in three colors randomly over the page. The first page was stamped with the pen and ink bottle and the quote "The pen is mightier than the sword." I have just the person to give this journal to as a birthday gift .

2 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful altered book!

Anonymous said...

Really good post!