Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grungy Monday 8

This week the Grungy Monday challenge is to try The September 2008 Technique Challenge from Tim Holtz. Basically it is watercolor stamping with ink. The images I used are from Fred Mullet. One thing Tim said is to just touch the stamp to the paper after it is inked and misted. I think I may have pressed the sea ferns too hard especially at the top of the long nose butterfly fish. The one by the parrot fish is a little better. Tim said this technique would take practice. The sentiment is from the Stampscapes collection.

10 comments:

Jane said...

Wow. Gorgeous colorrs. Fred Mullett. i have not used those stamps in ages. I have to dig them out! Thank you for the inspiration.

Kathy Eddy said...

Great piece. What a perfect stamp choice for this.

Unknown said...

I like it... It looks like you meant to do it that way.

Sue West said...

This is fabulous. Love the fishy stamp it works so well with the watercolour effect.
Sue :)

Sarah said...

I think it look just fabulous and the colours are amazing. Works really well with these images! Great job.
Sarah at 49 on GM

Becky said...

Love what you have done the colours are great.

Marjie Kemper said...

I think it's great. Reminds me of a coral reef where you might have to look to spy the fish. Beautiful!

Gillian .... said...

The colours work perfectly with these images, great texture effect too.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Your work is stunning!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Barbara! I love the Fred Mullet images-- they're perfect for the brushless watercolor technique. The colors you used are so striking and the sentiment is just right. Beautiful job!