Sunday, May 8, 2011

Singing Bird

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show hands. In my creation I used a hand stamp from Stamp Zia. The bird on the finger is also from Stamp Zia. For both the hand and bird, I stamped on a piece of designer paper and cut them out.  OK, for a little humor I used the perfect coloring medium for the nails -- Smooch. I couldn't resist since the bottles look and work so much like nail polish. The sentiment (from Oxford Impressions) was stamped and mounted on a die cut label which was cut from wood paper and colored with walnut stain distress stain. The flower is made from TH tissue tape with a button as the center. The background is corrugated cardboard with the outside layer pulled off. I used terra cotta color wash spray for the color and then added gesso. The background was adhered to a piece of chipboard with tissue tape around the edges. I put a piece of design paper on the reverse as a finishing backing. I seem to be on a wall hanging kick lately.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This is wonderful, Barbara! Great idea with the hand & bird!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Lynne Phelps said...

Love this! The hand and bird are great (lovely manicure by the way) but that corrugated cardboard is FAB, what a perfect backdrop for a lovely piece. I also really like the tissue tape on the background.