Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recycle SDC30

The current challenge at Stampotique Designs is Recycle or Repurpose. Let me start my story by saying that for Mother's Day my daughters gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers. Since Mother's Day is several weeks past, some of the flowers were starting to droop. As I was getting ready to toss them out, the lightbulb flashed. Try recycling the flowers by smashing them on paper. I had never been successful with this technique in the past, but now I have a Vagabond, so I decided to try again. The background of my card is made by smooshing rose petals on white cardstock. I stamped Grow Girl on a separate piece of paper and cut her out. She is colored with Copics. The ribbon was colored with spun sugar distress stain and then I stamped the sentiment part of the stamp on the ribbon. The leaves are a die cut from Sizzix. Now I have a card to remind me of my Mother's Day flowers.

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

what a great technique and it looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, I have never heard of that technique before. What a fabulous idea, and a great keepsake of your mothers day flowers. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designers challenge, Kate

Lisa Somerville said...

The smashed petals looks wonderful with Grow Girl - great idea to put them through the Vagabond. Thanks for playing along with the SDC!