Friday, January 13, 2012

The Bird and the Bee

Here is my first Valentine's Day card for this year. This week's Bloggers Challenge is Things With Wings and I used a bird and a bee.
I based my card on this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I did take the liberty of changing the shapes somewhat. For the bird in the larger box I used the splash 'n stick technique from the Aug/Sep 2010 TJ newsletter. The bee is from Stampotique and his background stamp is unknown (old stash). The overall background is done using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Cuttlebug highlights technique (Oct/Nov 2008 TJ) The music panel is Tim Holtz tissue paper over red cardstock. All of the dies used are Spellbinders.
I am also entering this card into the Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge which is hearts.

8 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a gorgeous valentine card, Barbara. Love that heart background!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Lovely!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Barbara! What a fun layout to work with! The background turned out great! Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Fab use of the Mojo Monday Sketch, love the bird image!

Holly said...

How beautiful! Love your background and the cute little bee!

Marie said...

I love the bee too.
Marie x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love everything about it- the color, the layout and the images!

Ida said...

Very nice. Great choice of layout.
Love your frosted, embossed background.