Friday, January 13, 2012

The Bird and the Bee

Here is my first Valentine's Day card for this year. This week's Bloggers Challenge is Things With Wings and I used a bird and a bee.
I based my card on this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I did take the liberty of changing the shapes somewhat. For the bird in the larger box I used the splash 'n stick technique from the Aug/Sep 2010 TJ newsletter. The bee is from Stampotique and his background stamp is unknown (old stash). The overall background is done using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Cuttlebug highlights technique (Oct/Nov 2008 TJ) The music panel is Tim Holtz tissue paper over red cardstock. All of the dies used are Spellbinders.
I am also entering this card into the Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge which is hearts.

8 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a gorgeous valentine card, Barbara. Love that heart background!

Linda Monroe said...

Lovely!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Barbara! What a fun layout to work with! The background turned out great! Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Fab use of the Mojo Monday Sketch, love the bird image!

Holly said...

How beautiful! Love your background and the cute little bee!

Craft Owl said...

I love the bee too.
Marie x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love everything about it- the color, the layout and the images!

Ida said...

Very nice. Great choice of layout.
Love your frosted, embossed background.