Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Romance

I'm enjoying the creating of cards in the spirit of Valentine's Day for the various challenges relating to this holiday. The Kraft Journal Make It Monday challenge has the theme so romantic and Tuesday Throwdown wants us to use hearts. To create this card, I started with a red cardstock base card. I used kraft cardstock for the layering panel. I started by adding white picket fence distress stain to the embossing folder and then embossing the panel. I highlighted the lettering with red distress ink. I then added clear embossing powder over the panel and heat embossed. I die cut the red lacey heart using the Cheery Lynn Celtic Heart die. The flowered background I cut out by tracing around the die and cutting it. I layered the hearts and adhered it to the embossed panel. It was a fairly simple card to make, but I think the outcome is quite effective.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oooohhhhh how romantical (as Paula Deen would say)! Love how you cut the flowered background around the fancy die cut heart!

Unknown said...

This is so very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!