Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feelin' Blue

Feeling blue is the challenge at the Outlines Rubber Stamp Blog this week. I guess I was feeling playful when I created this card. I stamped the Starburst Background stamp three times -- first on navy with Versamark ink embossed with white embossing powder; then on light blue with Versamark ink embossed with white embossing powder; and finally on white with deep blue ink embossed with clear embossing powder. I then cut out the middle squares of each section of the image on the light blue cardstock and cut the starbursts from the white cardstock. I adhered the light blue squares around the edge of the panel with pop dots. Then I adhered the white starbursts to the light blue squares with a pop dot turning them so that the points altered with those on the light blue square. In the center two squares I layered a white panel topped with two light blue squares. The sentiment is Dymo-generated. It was lots of cutting, but IRL the dimension is really cool.

5 comments:

SophiePScrap said...

Beautiful card! Such work! And a very playful version of blue it is!

Jenny Gropp said...

Whew... you gave the scissors a workout for sure cutting all those elements out! The finished result of all that work is wonderful... love the clean sentiment in the middle of all the fun squares! Beautifully done! So glad you could play along with Outlines this week!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card & design ! I love cutting myself and have this stamp, have to get it out ! Good luck !

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my...I love cards with square elements! this is so awesome in the wonderful layers! Thanks for sharing with us on Outlines Monday Blue Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Kecia said...

Such intricate cutting...so worth the effort. You've have a beautiful card here.