Monday, January 9, 2012

Wish for the New Year

The current Stampotique Designers Challenge is Wish for the New Year. My wish for everyone is "Good things, good thoughts" and lots of hugs and kisses. Angelboy holds the wish in his hand. I used Creative Inspirations gold paint on his wings to give him a beautiful shimmer. The background of XOXO's was stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I used teal and kraft as the main colors of my card. Just ask my grandson what my favorite color is and he'll tell you blue/green which is another way of saying teal. I love the pairing of it with the kraft color. Since the challenge at the Kraft Journal this week is favorite colors, this card fits in perfectly.
The Chestnut Theme Challenge at Gingersnap Creations is to use a set or a line of stamps. The sponsor for this challenge is Stampotique, so I thought it was appropriate to showcase my Stampotique stamps.

6 comments:

Willy said...

What a funny and fabulous card, Barbara! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 45.

Unknown said...

Love this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal...hope to see you again next week!

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. I love the colours and your choice of stamps..perfect ♥

Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Love your card! I used that same image for my New Year's card this year :)

Dorcas said...

THis is so creative! I'm so glad you could join us at the Kraft journal this week.:)
Hugs,
Dorcas (GD)

salamanda said...

Very clever card and one of my favourite stamps