Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cupid

I just love this little Cupid. My Valentine card was created for two challenges.
At Gingersnap Creations, the Random Redhead Challenge is to use your favorite paper. I used paper from the Tim Holtz collection Vintage Shabby. I love lots of different kinds of paper, but I actually had to buy a second pad of Vintage Shabby because I was afraid that I could run out of the first some day and I just couldn't be without. To make this card I stamped the Valentine Silhouettes words stamp on my paper in ruby (Club Scrap) and then embossed them with the matching texture trade. I cut the cherub out of metallic red paper. I die cut the heart from dark pink paper and then covered the heart with glass bead gel (a blast from the past for me). The corners are outline stickers which I distressed using a white gel pen.
At Sweet Stamps the challenge was red, pink, and white. Since I've been on a Valentine's kick lately, this was an easy challenge for me.

4 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful card!!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Awesome card - I love the colors! Thanks for joining the blog challenge at SweetStamps.com and Good Luck!

Terry said...

Don't you just love this set! Fabulous background! I have to get a few more made up and this is the set I will be running to!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh this is such a fun card - I love the details and fun technique. Thanks for sharing with Gingersnap Creations. ;)