Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Candy Kisses

Today I pulled out my new Rogue Redhead Designs stamps--Candy Kisses to create this card. Since the Challenge at Rogue Redhead Designs was Get Griddy, I pulled out my past Technique Junkie newsletters for this colored reverse grid technique (August 2006)The stamps in this set are so much fun to use and are so perfect for this time of year. Don't you love the unusual snowflake background! I also used kraft paper background instead of the traditional white. The white snowflake background really shows up against the kraft.
Other challenges I am entering:
Ink on my Fingers Sunday Stamper -- Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show something old (grid technique), something new (stamps)
Kraft Journal -- Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping -- Anything Goes using something new in stash (stamps)
Creative Belli -- snowflakes

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun card- I love the technique and the fun stamps you used!

joy said...

Great card! Love how you have placed your images! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Ceal said...

beautiful I love that technique you used! Thanks for playing with us at the Belli challenge!

Debbie said...

Such winter time fun in your creation this week ... thanks for sharing with us at TKJ :)

Debbie Carriere said...

What a fun card!! Thanks for playing at The Kraft Journal!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cool technique. I really like the kraft with the white snowflakes too and those retro winter images are terrific! So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Anonymous said...

Love this great grid card! Looks fabulous!

Mrs.B said...

Hi, this is a great technique Barbara, and the retro images are great and look really good on the Kraft.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Hope to see you again
Avril

Terry said...

I do love how the snowflakes stand out so boldly on the kraft background! Beautiful use of stamps! Thank you for joining us at FSC!