Friday, March 16, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 -- March

I'm in a tag making mood today, so I finally was able to work on the March tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012. Although the butterflies were a little ditsy to make, I love this tag. The mosaic butterflies are really pretty in real life. It was fun because I got to use a product for this technique that I just had to have several years ago and then never used until today. I had bought the antiquities cement embossing powder during a time everyone was saying how fantastic it was. Well, you know how that story goes. Anyway, I had the cement ep and was able to use it. The one thing I had to change was the background. I don't have the woodgrain stamp, so I used the woodgrain embossing folder with brushed corduroy and embossed the tag. Then I highlighted the wood with walnut stain. Now I can't wait for the April tag.

10 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your great tag and the butterflies look fab. x

Anonymous said...

Your tag turned out great. The mosaic butterflies look really pretty and I much prefer the dry embossed woodgrain background over the stamped woodgrain.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the March tag!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the mosiac butterflies!

Unknown said...

Your tag is gorgeous!! ... i love it.

Terry said...

Not only is this gorgeous, but my dear, you won over at Mr. Holtz! Congratulations!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous tag, and congrats on winning!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Congratulations on having your tag selected by Tim Holtz. Beautiful!

Rett said...

Congrats on winning, Barbara! It couldn't happen to a nicer person :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous tag! Congrats on winning on Tim's blog- hope you will post what you won!!! Wahoo!