Monday, March 19, 2012

Springpunk

The challenge this month at Artistic Outpost is springpunk. What is springpunk? Well, my interpretation is that you take some spring elements such as flowers and butterflies and mix them up with gears, and other steampunk elements. It was a fun challenge. The background paper is from Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante. I love the combination of roses and gears. The main focal image is from Artistic Outpost Happiness. The dirigible is from AO French Flight. The parachute is from AO Paris Exposition. I added Tim Holtz's On-the-Edge Steampunk gears along the bottom and embellished them with paper flowers set on metal gears. All of the layers are adhered to a Kraft base card. I wish the scan showed the rock candy crackle on the butterfly. It adds a fun touch.
I am also entering this card in the Kraft Journal challenge which is anything goes and the Sunday Challenge at Ink on my Fingers which is paper flowers.

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE the idea of Springpunk! How cool! And LOVE your card, tis sooo pretty!!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the challenge! Love the G45 papers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

Rita said...

Fantastic art work Barbara. The colours are gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is lovely Barbara, beautiful Spring colours. I too had to find out just what SpringPunk was lol x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun idea - I love your gears die! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal this week!