Friday, March 16, 2012

The Creative

This week the challenge at Grungy Monday is Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2009, Day 3, or alcohol ink plaid. This has been a favorite technique of mine since Tim introduced it in 2009. It is really easy to do and always seems to turn out cool. I kept the tag fairly simple this time. I wanted to emphasize the plaid and the sentiment. Since I planned to stamp over the plaid, I used mainly alcohol ink lights for the plaid except for eggplant. The sentiment and the birds were stamped on the panel, and then cut  slightly smaller than the base tag. The base tag was colored using dusty concord distress stain. It blended quite well with the eggplant in the plaid. I dyed my ribbon with dusty concord distress stain and hung the bird charm to finish the tag.

3 comments:

Julie S said...

This looks great. The bird charm is perfect with your birds stamped image too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful tag - I love the sentiment stamp!

sara j said...

Fabulous colors...just a perfect match!