Thursday, March 15, 2012

How Much

This week the challenge at Cheery Lynn is to add a flourish. Cheery Lynn has so many gorgeous dies to choose from; it's sometimes hard to choose which ones to use. I combined the Cheery Lynn challenge with the ODBD Shining the Light challenge which was aqua or topaz plus ODBD scripture, quotes, or sentiments. The two challenges seemed made for each other.
My image and sentiment are from the Mother Theresa stamp  set. The flower was stamped as a watermark using Versamark ink and the sentiment was stamped with Jet Black archival ink over it.
All of the dies used are from Cheery Lynn. I used the Japanese lace and flourish frame to frame the card. I entwined one of the flourishes from that die with the tropical flourish. Over the flourish I attached three flowers made from the miniature rose die. I think the flourishes and flowers added an air of elegance.

6 comments:

Celeste Glover said...

I know exactly what you mean!! All the dies are fab. I love the ones you have chosen Barbara, to put on you card. Good luck in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful combination of dies and love the sentiment!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

A pretty card and love the Japanese Lace Frame too! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

shulsart said...

Lovely card, Barbara, very elegant. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge blog.

Jodi said...

so pretty!! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Barbara!! I just love that quote and your use of dies is beautiful!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
blessings,
Chris