Saturday, March 10, 2012

Live the Life Tag

I finally got a chance to work on this week's Grungy Monday challenge which was Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas, 2007, Day 2. My tag worked well with Hel's challenge of diamonds at the Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge. For my background I used a grungy diamond background from my stamp stash. I added the paint grungily (if that's a word) because I didn't want rows of diamonds. Broken china, peeled paint, and dusty concord are the background colors with stormy sky around the edges. Don't you love the hot air balloon from Tim's new stamps. The ghost shapes are kind of hidden, but they are there -- fleur de lis. This was a fun technique and I'm really happy with the results.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara, Your tag is great - I love the colours and I just might be on the look out for the hot air balloon stamp!!

Sandra said...

very stunning tag. love the colors and that stamps is so cool!

sara j said...

I do really like the balloon, but I LOVE your diamonds and background colors...just luscious...great piece.

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Great job! Keep creating!

Ivette
www.n1sunrider.blogspot.com
www.the23nypd.com

Lynne Phelps said...

Darn it, now I NEED that stamp set, I was trying to resist! Hmmm, remember Star Trek and the Borg? Resistance is futile, I should have known, LOL! I LOVE this tag! everything about it appeals, every detail is perfect.

Carol said...

I love your tag, love your hot air balloon.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful colors! And I'm loving that new balloon stamp.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the colors. That stamp is my favorite of Tim's new ones, I have it but haven't used it yet - can't wait to create!