Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring is in the Air

It's time for Blogger's Challenge again. This week the challenge is for the birds. I finally got a chance to use a fairly new La Blanche stamp which has been waiting to be used.
For the layout of the card I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch. The background are strips of design paper from my stash. I chose patterns to give a vintage spring feel. After all, birds and spring go together.  The image is painted with Creative Inspirations paints. I love the shimmer they give to the card. The sentiment is from Club Scrap.
I am entering this card into a few other challenges. The Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge is birds. Both Three Muses and Fashionable Stamping have spring as their challenge.
Best of all, this card will be in the mail tonight to wish my brother-in-law a happy birthday.

10 comments:

indybev said...

Thanks for sharing this happy bit of springtime with us at Three Muses, Barbara!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, love the bird sitting on the key. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card Barbara.... love that stamp! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Taluula said...

A lovely card, thank you for sharing it with us at the Three Muses.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I love how you've used color!

Terry said...

Love the bird on the key! This is a wonderful card and your brother will love it! Thank you for joining us at FSC!

tonistamps said...

What a great image! Lovely card.

Lori said...

How pretty! Love the shimmery bird.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful birthday card love the simmer of the paint!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous color bird and love the key hanging out of the mouth.