Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vintage, Funky Style

There is a new challenge in town and it's all about vintage. It's called Frilly and Funkie and it's run by Linda Coughlin. The DT is divided into two types -- the frillies and the funkies. This week the challenge is your favorite vintage style. When it comes to vintage I can actually go either way, but I do tend toward the funkie style. My card is based on Tim Holtz's dabber resist technique (presented in Creative Chemistry 101). My stamp is from Stampers Anonymous and has been in my collection for years. The image was stamped on sticky back canvas. I really must use that more. I love the look.

6 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your funky card Barbara! Hope all is well.

Terry said...

You know I just always battle with the dabber resist! Well I can see that you have taken CC101 to an entire new level of perfection! Love that background and your resist is sheer perfection! Thank you so much for joining us in our first Frilly and Funkie challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Barbara ! I love all the rich colours it really makes your resist pop ! Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Marjie Kemper said...

Barbara, I love the way you've done the dabber resist on sticky back canvas... your colors are bold and the SA stamp looks great in white against them. Thanks so much for joining in our first Frilly & Funkie challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just wonderful, Barbara! The background using the sticky backed canvas is amazing and it seems to work well with the dabber resist. I have tired and failed, tried and failed so many times with that technique that the last time I swore I would never try it again - but maybe I should do one last ditch attempt with the sticky backed canvas. I have some coming in for the boutique next week and I may give it a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

We are so thrilled that you joined us for our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hope you will be a regular.

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You did this technique quite well! I love the dark color and the sentiment in white against them...nice! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!