Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moments

This card is for the weekly challenge at Cheery Lynn which is things with wings and the bi-weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such which is embossing folders.
On my card I used the Dutch doily rectangular frame from Cheery Lynn. This is fast becoming my favorite frame in my collection. I use it a lot. My background is a stamp from Hero arts stamped with peeled paint distress ink and dry embossed with a matching Sizzix embossing folder. Isn't that a cool idea. The birds are die cut from a Tim Holtz die. I added pearls and bling from Want2Scrap. (The distress ink, bling, and Cheery Lynn dies can be purchased at Classy Cards 'n such.) I found the acrylic sticker sentiment in my stash while I was looking for something else. I thought it worked well on this card.

11 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love that Lacey frame! Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge! Have a great week!

Sandie said...

Barbara I love how you constructed this card using the framed die, the bamboo looks fantastic with the birds. Thanks for taking part this week in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Holly said...

Oh Barbara! I love that lacy frame! You're going to make me NEEEED that die! Such a beautiful card, girlie! Thanks for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such embossing challenge!

Terry said...

What a gorgeous card! Love how you framed the birds and branches with that die! Have fun!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! What sweet little birds and I love that frame! :)

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love your birds with in the Dutch Doily Frame!! Very pretty!! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Donna said...

love the birds on the leaves, and it's framed very nicely with the Dutch doily Frame. Thanks for playing along this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
hugs
Donna xx

Beverly Bohannon said...

Barbara - I love the blue color and the lacy frame! So pretty! Thanks for playing in our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!!

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

ok....I do not even have that frame! I adore it. It is such a fancy frame and I love that you left your inside fairly simple so that the frame is the star of the card! Thanks for playing along on the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog.
~Jeannie
Cheery Lynn Design Design Team Member

debbie said...

What a great card. I always enjoy seeing your cards. Thank you for playing in the classy Cards change.
Debbie

Vicki Romaine said...

Barbara this is such a lovely card.