Friday, March 9, 2012

Dimensional Art

This week's Blogger's Challenge is to go 3D. I interpreted the challenge to mean dimensional art, so I combined the challenge with Simon Says Stamp and Show a bottle. My daughter had given me some old, pretty perfume bottles a while back. I pulled one out for the challenge. First I colored it using alcohol inks. Then I added ribbon, netting, flowers, and a tag. This is the result. Would you believe, my daughter wants her bottle back now. She likes the new look.

9 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Lovely altered piece, Barbara. I hope you are going to keep her gift...lol.

MJ said...

How funny, of course she wants it back, it is beautiful! Not sure why I never thought of coloring bottles???? Love it.

Basement Stamper said...

this bottle is exquisite! Love the color you chose for it.

Terry said...

Very pretty bottle, Barbara! Love the flowers! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful way to alter the perfume bottle - so pretty, I can see why she wants it back!

ellen vargo designs said...

Your altered perfume bottle is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I can see that- giving something to Mom and wanting it back when it gets dressed up...hahaha Love this pretty project- love the fabulous tag and pretty flowers!

Lori said...

What a great idea! Love how the bottle looks colored.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a great idea, Barbara! The bottle is lovely! The tag is so pretty too! :D