Friday, March 16, 2012

Imagine, Imagine, Imagine


I had so much fun creating this birthday card. Bear with me as I explain how it fits several challenges. First, Bloggers Challenge this week is to make a birthday card. I used the map fold technique from Technique Junkies as the style of the card.
I used the sketch from the Mojo Monday challenge for the front of the card. (Turn the sketch one quarter turn to see my layout).
At Ink on My Fingers, Hels' Sunday challenge is to use mists. I used Perfect Pearl mists randomly sprayed on the inside of the card for color and shimmer.
At Inspiration Emporium the challenge is to go green. Green is John Lennon's color, don't you think?
Finally, the Stampsmith challenge is flip and fold -- to find interesting ways of incorporating folds in a project.
I love it when a series of challenges coordinate so well together.
Before I go, I want to wish  Lisa and Gerrie both a very happy birthday month!

13 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love your design on the inside, would be perfect for kids cards-I can see them having a lot of fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous design on your fold out card and great use of the Lennon stamp.
Thank you for sharing with us at TSC and good luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a great card! Beautifully created.

Yvonne Garner said...

Great job on incorporating so many challenges so well. Love your stamp selection, too! Have. Fabulous weekend. Yvonne

Karen McAlpine said...

Clever folds! Yes, I think Lennon is green. LOL Love the front-reminds me of an album cover. Thanks for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge!!

Lori said...

What a great design! That fold looks like a fun one.

Hels Sheridan said...

aw, anything that has my hero on it is a hit with me... and yep, green is deffo his colour... thanks for joining in with the sunday STamper x

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun card, Barbara! That fold is terrific! I like how you turned the sketch! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful BD card, love the explosion fold on the inside!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the great fold- but that image- it is great- and love the green too! Awesome card!

Debbie said...

I LOVE this! Big Lennon fan too! Fantastic fold! Thanks for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie
^..^

MJ said...

These are fun cards, great job on it. Love the image on the front!

Ida said...

What a great way to combine all those challenges. Love the John Lennon image you used. Very nice card.