Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter Joy

As Easter approaches, several of the challenge sites that I participate in have Easter as the theme.  I just received these gorgeous egg dies from Cheery Lynn, so of course, I wanted to use them on my card. I backed each of the fancy diecuts with a bright Easter egg color. The darling chocolate bunny was cut from a Tim Holtz die. The background is dry embossed white on white. Then I added some angelina fibers for the Easter grass. (It's somewhat amazing that I added the grass since I won't let the real Easter grass in my house because it gets all over everything and doesn't vacuum up very well.) The sentiment stamp has been in my collection for a long time and I don't remember the source.
This card is being entered in Blogger's Challenge, the Cheery Lynn challenge, the Sweet Stamps challenge, and I Brake for Challenges.

16 comments:

Cardarian said...

Lovely die cuts, wonderful card! I wonder who makes those die cuts!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Cardarian

shulsart said...

Somebody is having fun with her new Cheery Lynn Easter eggs! Adorable card, Barbara, love the right colors for the eggs. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun card- and the cute bunny and grass are awesome! The egg colors are wonderful! I just got one of these eggs......

Dawnll said...

Barbara you did a wonderful job with the Easter eggs, such a pretty design.
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Wonderful, Barbara...your dimensional Easter eggs are fabulous. Great card.

Sandie said...

Adorable, I love the way you have put the bunny behid the easter egg dies, with the angelina fibres. Thanks for taking part in this weeks "easter" challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Lori said...

Love those fabulous die cut eggs! Perfect spring colors!

MJ said...

Very cute, those are cool dies!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love your cute Easter card!! The chocolate bunny looks adorable with the pretty eggs! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

trisha too said...

Very striking card, really gorgeous!

:)

Terry said...

Love those Easter Eggs! Very cool and the bunny really adds to the Easter theme! Maybe I will play with my Bunny! Have a great weekend!

Cathy Lee said...

This is such an adorable Easter card, Barbara. I love your new die cuts and chocolate bunny. Your fibers make the perfect grass background. Thanks for joining us at I Brake for Challenges.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love the die cut eggs!

Unknown said...

Wow love the dies you used!!!! Perfect easter card!!!! Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps!!!!!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Those Egg Dies are wonderful.

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful eggs, love the dies!