Friday, September 3, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 167

This week the challenge at Bloggers Challenge was a sketch. I really liked this sketch created by Lisa, our challenge mom; however, it was a challenge since I couldn't make up my mind just which way I wanted to go. Choosing the image was easy enough. This image of Wendy from one of Artistic Outposts new posts, Neverland, was perfect for the challenge. I finally decided on a more ornate background using gold and silver metallic background papers. I dry embossed the silver metallic with a Sizzix embossing folder. To stamp the image, I relied on on of Tim Holtz's techniques and made my own Custom stamp pad. I wanted the leaves around the frame to stamp green and the rest to stamp in black. Now I have a stamp pad prepared if I want to stamp her again with the green border. With the black inner stamping, I can use any colors to finish the image. Here I used my Creative Inspirations paints. With the shimmer from the paints and the metallic papers, the card turned out quite elegant.

19 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Cute card, love how you stamped the frame different than the image.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great use of the sketch! The embossing looks wonderful with the image of Wendy. Wonderful use of Tim's Custom stamp technique along with the CI Paints!

Heidi Hihn said...

Nice card! I love the embossed background!!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! TFS!

Marsha Fisher said...

Great card! The embossed background is lovey and the focal image is very striking.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What an excellent sketch. Beautiful!

Ida said...

Great card. Love your embossed background, it add so much texture. The frame around Wendy looks great and I like the subtle colors you used on the image itself.

Chrissy D said...

FANTASTIC card, Barbara! Great images!

Tami Black said...

LOVE this card and wouldn't change anything. The little details just make it work beautifully!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Barbara! The embossing turned out wonderfully! :D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

That embossed background is fabulous.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Cute card- love the image and love the embossed background. TFS

tonistamps said...

Love that new set Barbara! And the embossed background is perfect for it.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great BC this week Barb!

Clara said...

Love the embossed background that added texture to your card. Cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

The texture in the background is wonderful...what a great card!

Connie Fossenier said...

Barbara...you really did a super job...of course we are partial to this stamp...the embossed BG really does add to the card.
connie paxman

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty, Barb. Lovely job with the sketch.

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty..love that embossed BG! {SMILES}