Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 48

This week at Play Date Cafe the challenge was dark blue or purple, green, and silver or gray.
I have to be honest. This week my card started with the Bigz Die from Tim Holtz's collection. I just received it in the mail yesterday and when I was looking at the challenge colors, they fell right into place with the die images. Using that die and the challenge colors, a masculine card seemed to emerge. On the blue background I used a texture fade. I'm not sure why it appealed to me with this card, but it did. I used the sanded core'dinations technique to bring out the detail. The stamps are from Club Scrap and the shield and banner were cut from grungeboard..

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Must get that die--LOVE it!! Great card--love how you used the colors this week:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of dies and folders with this weeks colors, love that sanded BG. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Great use of the coordenations along with the dies in the fun silver. Perfect masculine card. Glad you joined us again this week at the PDCC!