Friday, September 24, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 170

This week the Bloggers Challenge is to reuse/recycle somewhere on our art piece. I couldn't wait for this challenge. My image panel is my reuse/recycle. It actually was the packaging from the children's chopsticks at a local restaurant. I took my grandson there for dinner and his chopsticks (actually more like small tongs) came in the package with this as the cover. I just loved it and kept the packaging until there was a recycle challenge. My background is a Shimmer Sheetz embossed with the bamboo embossing folder. I used cactus green Stazon ink on the bamboo.
I think maybe I liked this panel too because I was born in the Year of the Dog.

15 comments:

Marsha Fisher said...

Wow...this is really cool!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful, as always, Barbara. Terrific artwork.

Tami Black said...

Love that Bamboo and that child is adorable! Way to think outside the package on this one -- very clever!

Lisa Somerville said...

The embossed shimmer sheets with the bamboo look wonderful with the recycled chop stick wrapper! Great recycled project!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the look of the shimmerz sheet and the stazon- very cool idea for a card! TFS

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute, love the bamboo on the side and isn't amazing where we find things to use in our art? Great thinking saving that darling image.

MJ said...

Great idea to save the wrapper. Love this image too. The bamboo is so cool looking. Great job.

Ida said...

How adorable. What a great way to use the packaging from the chopsticks. It's really cute and I love the Embossed Bamboo.
Hope the Circus was a lot of fun.

Clara said...

Great idea to use this as your recycled item! Very nice card. :)

Rachel Hope said...

Sweet image and Wonderful card!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luvin' this Barb, great bamboo on the shimmer and great idea for the cs wrapper! hugz

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a lovely card Barbara! Your recycled image is simply beautiful! :D

Lori said...

Fabulous idea for the challenge! Love the background panel you created.

tonistamps said...

Perfect image to reuse with this card. I love that bamboo background too!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a great idea. I love your card!