Friday, September 3, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 12 --Chipped Enamel

This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge at Studio L3 was Chipped Enamel (p. 44 of Tim's book). This is another fantastic technique. It was so much fun, I didn't want to stop. However, I did limit myself to the flowers, leaves, numerals, and brads. The background is from one of the Paper Stacks, embossed with Tim's bingo texture fade, and edged with Victorian Velvet distress ink. Can I say that Victorian Velvet reminds me of a glass of vintage red wine? What a wonderful color! The sentiment is stamped with one of Tim's stamps on a piece of cardstock which was then distressed (Distrezz-It-All) and edged with Victorian Velvet. I'm really lovin' these challenges.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, good use of Tim's products.

SHAWN said...

Wonderful! I love the bingo fade and the victorian velvet DI is gorgeous. That color is on my wish list--Thanks for sharing your art with us.--Shawn

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, I'm so glad you're loving the challenges, and I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that I'm loving what you create every week!

This is a wonderful card! The BINGO embossing looks awesome on the Tim Paper, and you inked it just perfectly for a nice vintage vibe. The chipped enamel pieces are FABULOUS! You did the challenge technique perfectly. And you're right! Victorian Velvet really DOES look like a glass of red wine!

Spectacular art, Barbara!

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous piece. Love it.

Agree with you about Victorian Velvet. I'm not usually a big user of pink, but I love this colour.

Marilyn

Sue West said...

This is just so lovely. What a beautiful vintage look your work has got.
Sue

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oh I like this!! just so pretty too :))

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great project, luv your tim stuff (I haven't done mine yet, yikes), Sunday hugz

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, you went to town on this---turned out great.