Thursday, September 9, 2010

CCC Challenge 13 --Grungepaper Flowers and Sunday Stampers Week 119

Well, here's to another great challenge, or should I say two great challenges. The Compendium of Curiosities challenge was Grungepaper Flowers from p. 65 of Tim's book. Ink on my Fingers Sunday Stampers Challenge theme was USE EVERYTHING from your favorite stash. It would be almost impossible for me to creat a Tim Holtz inspired project without using my favorite things.
Let's start with the flowers. Grungepaper is one of my favorite mediums to work with and flowers are one of my favorite projects. These flowers follow Tim's instructions on p. 65 of the Compendium of Curiosities. If you don't have the book yet, what are you waiting for. It's chock full of techniques and ideas.
Now, as for my other favorite things. The background paper is from one of Tim's Paper Stacks. Love 'em. I used the Cuttlebug Highlights technique from the October 2008 Technique Junkies newsletter. TJ is another favorite. I embossed the background using the bricked texture fade. Love those embossing folders. All coloring was done with distress inks. Big favorite. The flower centers are large brads from my stash which were covered in Stickles...favorite. The flowers and flourish stem (grungeboard...favorite) were highlighted with rock candy Stickles. King of the Stickles favorites. The butterfly is an outline sticker. Must be a favorite, I have tons of them. The sentiment was stamped. My favorite stamps are the ones that fill the art need at the moment. The sentiment is covered by a round fragment. One more favorite. And the card base is from Club Scrap where I get most of my favorite paper.
Why do I feel the urge to sing "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens ..."

5 comments:

Netty said...

Ooh its gorgeous Barbara, love the verse as well as the flowers, plus the bingo flower, oh hang I just love it. Annette x

MarleneMAZ said...

Great card! your flowers are gorgeous.

SHAWN said...

Fabulloso-Barbara! Love those flowers and the sentiment is great!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ooh, girl, this is GORGEOUS! Your grunge flowers are fabulous, and so beautifully designed! Love those big, shiny centers, and the Bingo card petals are cool! The card background is great, too-- I've got to dig out that issue of TJ to review that wonderful Cuttlebug technique. The sweet sentiment is the perfect finishing touch! Another spectacular work of art from you!!!

Maggie said...

.......these are just a few of my favourite things..... can't get the song out of MY head now lol; all my favs on this beautiful piece of art - love it.

Maggie :-)