Saturday, September 18, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 14 -- Masks Basics

This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge was the Masks Basics technique from p. 58 of Tim's book. I had a blast working on this card. I decided to use Tim's spider web mask as the base of my card. From there I went wild. I think I've mentioned before that I am having so much fun playing with the Halloween images this year. I started with a piece of cardstock with music notes from one of Tim's paper stacks. I used the mask and distress inks--spiced marmalade, mustard seed, and dusty concord. The October calendar is torn from one of the paper stacks. The vampire boy is a doctored picture from the same paper stack. "Beware", "31", and the bat are from Oxford Impressions. The rest of the stamps are from Tim's collection. I think the Spills and Spatters stamp stamped in red added a great Halloween touch. The sprocket gears and fragment are from the Idea-ology line. I don't know if it's legal to have as much fun as I did making this card. Can't wait until the next challenge!

4 comments:

Shelann said...

Very nice collage. I like the colors and images, you have to look at it for a while to see everything.

Yelowflower said...

very well done...not something we can just glance at and move on, well put together.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, Barbara, this ROCKS! I can tell you had fun creating this Halloween masterpiece, and it's great fun to look at, too! The vampire just cracks me up-- I'd buy the paper stack for that alone! Your masking is spectacular, and the stamps are fabulous. I love the addition of the gadget gears for a little dimension.

Great, great job! This is fabulous!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This really rockz, and I see you have a photo of my boyfriend in the top corner! he'z a cuties