Friday, September 17, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 169

Granddaughter Jayda Born 9-14
This is my first post in several days. If you look at the photo on the right, you'll see the excuse for my absence.
I did manage to finish my Bloggers Challenge for this week. It was a color theme of blue, green, and brown. I love those colors and I knew immediately that I wanted to use this image from the Artistic Outpost sheet Old Grist Mill which I love. I used my Creative Inspirations paints to color the image. I also love the sentiment, though I don't always adhere to it. The frame around the image is a piece of corrugated cardboard from an old box. I applied frayed burlap distress ink direct to the piece and then sprayed it with water. After it dried, I used a little white paint. The background paper is from one of the Tim Holtz paper stacks. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom, and stamped the words "Simplify, Simplify" over the entire sheet using a very light blue ink.
I can't wait to see what everyone else has done with these colors.

20 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful baby and wonderful card! Congratulations on the arrival of your new grandchild!

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful sentiment! Congratulations on your new granddaughter -- she's so precious! I imagine you'll be missing a few more challenges in the months to come now! TFS!

Lisa Somerville said...

Look at sweet Jayda! Beautiful use of the paints on Old Grist Mill, the really made the image pop!

Ida said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter, She's beautiful.

Lovely card. Calm and Serene.

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card, and I just want to eat up your new grandbaby-she's beautiful! Congratulations.

Marsha Fisher said...

OK...the card is lovely, but who could even look at it with that gorgeous baby to see! Congratulations :-D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful card. Enjoy the baby smells while they last!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Beautiful card! I love the image and your coloring technique.

Styles in Paper said...

I love old Gristmill images too, lovely card!

Tami Black said...

The card is lovely -- perfect image and who doesn't need to simplify? And aren't babies the best way to start people? She's a beauty!

Nikki Bond said...

Beautiful card this week and what a darling baby photo! Congrats! :)

{SMILES}

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awwwwww! What a sweetie! Congrats to you Barbara- I love the image on your card- beautifully done! TFS

Jane Bosi said...

Card? Was there a card? All I could see was that beautiful baby! (Just kidding--great card!)

Clara said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, how wonderful! Your card has such a peaceful look to it with the grist mill. Great job with the cardboard framing. At first glance I thought it was little sticks of wood, I love the look!

MJ said...

OMG! Your new granddaughter is just beautiful! Congratulations. And your card is pretty fabulous too, I love that sentiment. Great job.

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Adorable baby! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Congratulations on your new grand-daughter! She's beautiful!! Love your card! This is such a wonderful image! :D

Connie Fossenier said...

Barbara...your card is fabulous...the coloring on the Old Grill mist is awesome...
I am afraid though your card was upstaged by your new granddaughter...she is a beauty...enjoy...and congratulations grandma..
connie paxman

Lori said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby--she's absolutely adorable! Your card is so pretty. I really like the texture that the corrugated cardboard piece adds.

Anonymous said...

Barbara--what a GREAT image! Just love, love, love it!
I was able to play after Sasha's tough day. Sorry to be late in leaving comments--welcome to my crazy life!

Hugs, Nola