Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lady in Blue

Here is my Lady in Blue. The Creative Inspirations Design Team was challenged this week to create a piece of monochromatic art with 3D embellishments. I thought that this beautiful stamp from Stampland would be the perfect image. I just love how she is made up of mostly flowers. Except, if you look closely, you will find several faces among the flowers. To create my card, I used all of the blue shades of Creative Inspirations paint, leaving the face and a few outlines white. I used blue pearls to embellish some of the flowers. The large flower is made up of two white Prima flowers which I painted with the paints. This card really has a shimmer to it.

6 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

What a beautiful card Barbara! I bet it is very shimmery.

Lisa Somerville said...

Truly a labor of love! Beautiful use of the paints, love the image!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- this is wonderful! I love the image and the monochrome is lovely on her!!! TFS

Kassi said...

that is amazing! I love all the different shades of blue!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card - did you put the paint directly on the rubber stamp? So pretty!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Pretty card Barbara! I just love all the shimmer! The flowers turned out so nicely!