Saturday, September 18, 2010

Created By Hand Challenge 09-13-10

This week the challenge theme at Created Byhand was Sapphire since sapphire is the September birthstone (as well as a color). I focused on both aspects of the theme. The blue (or sapphire colored) background is from one of Tim Holtz's paper stacks, my favorite Shabby Chic. I stamped the large hand (Stamp Zia) with Adirondack peach bellini pigment ink and embossed it. I then cut it out and adhered it to the background. The sapphire ring is one of the Michael Strong hexagon stamps which was painted blue and covered with glossy accents, and then adhered with a dimensional pop-dot to the ring finger. The sentiment, from Club Scrap, is a bit hard to read on the scan, but is visible on the card. It says "Adorn your life with joy and wonder.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

great take on the theme.
thanks for sharing with created byhand

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!