Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Night

One of my favorite movies, and probably the one I've watched the most number of times, is the Wizard of Oz. There is something magical about how the movie starts out in black and white,

And then after the tornado, when Dorothy has flown (and sung) "Over the Rainbow" the movie goes to color.

Well, there is something magical about how the Creative Inspirations paints add so much shimmer and life to an image. This week the design team at the Creative Inspirations Blog had the challenge to create art representing a favorite movie. And by coincidence that was the Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge. So using my Stampsmith image from the Wizard of Oz, I created a fun card.
My entire image is painted with the Creative Inspirations paints. It gives the picture such a shimmery and vivid appearance. In addition, I used a texture fade on the background.To add color to the background I used a water pen to apply the paint. This gives more of a colorwashed appearance. My sentiment and "emeralds" (Emerald City, get it. lol) are adhered to a piece of the filmstrip tape from the Tim Holtz collection.

7 comments:

Kassi said...

How fun! I love how you added the paint to the black and white image just like the movie! I love this movie too. =) Great job!

Clare said...

very creative!! love it!

Creative Inspirations said...

Great job! I love this movie too!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful image, the paints sure brought your image to life! Fab card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- amazing card- and I love the B/W image that you posted to show the difference-I love that movie and watched it so many times! TFS

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great job Barbara! I love this movie as well!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just luvin' this one GF! I remember seeing it when I was little, like maybe last year on tv! ha, yea, right!