Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn and Thanksgiving

Would you believe that Thanksgiving is one calendar month from tomorrow. Where is the time going? Hels, at Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge gave us the theme of Autumn or Colors of Autumn.  I really enjoyed making this card. I got to use one of my favorite Thanksgiving stamps. It's from Paper Inspirations. (I've had it for years and it's wood mounted so I'm not sure it's available any more.) I also got to use my Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings die for the side border. The image is colored using Copics. The leaves were colored using Pan Pastels. The image panel and border were adhered to a brown panel and then to a kraft card base.

4 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Love this! Such a vintage look. Don't you love PanPastels? I just got my final set, yup, proud owner of all 80 colors, LOL! Your coloring on the vintage image is fantastic!

Hels Sheridan said...

Ah, I am still lusting after the Autumn Gatherings die... neeeeed it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper... wish we had Thanksgiving over here... tis all the things I love rolled into one x

Holly said...

Oooohhhhh what a warm and richly colored Thanksgiving card! You'll have to tell me about these Pan Pastels - are they basically chalks or something else?

Terry said...

No, I can't believe we are just one month away from Thanksgiving! Love how you used the die! Beautiful tribute to Autumn and of course the Turkey! Love it!