Sunday, October 16, 2011

Once Upon a Midnight...Alcohol Inks and Tag

I really love the take that Gingersnap Creations has on the challenges for the month of October. It's Go Poe month...perfect for the month of spookiness. The supply challenge 122 is alcohol inks. Again I had an idea, but I wasn't sure it would work. I knew how to do the polished stone technique with alcohol inks on glossy, but I didn't know what would happen if I stamped an image and masked it before using the technique. I started by cutting my tag from glossy paper using the Tim Holtz large tag die.  I stamped the raven (Rubber Bandit stamps) and masked it with eclipse tape. Then I applied the alcohol inks. As you can see, it worked. The feathers, sentiment (Rubber Bandit) and other bird (Tim Holtz) were stamped with Archival Ink on the alcohol inks. The raven might say "Nevermore" but I think I'll try this technique again.

8 comments:

Marsha said...

I love this piece!

Lynne Phelps said...

GREAT technique, thanks for sharing the details! LOVE how this turned out!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fantastic background ... you've also used a fave of mine, text paper. Thank for entering the alcohol inks challenge at Gingersnaps creations. You will love tomorrow's new challenge tooooooo!

Debbie said...

Love your tag! Great ink combination! Love that raven! Fabulous!

SmilynStef said...

Very cool effect ... love how the raven pops against the background ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

penny4thoughts said...

Fantastic tag and I love how your masking worked! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

trisha too said...

Fabulous effect--congratulations on winning home page artist and the package of goodies for this challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Electra said...

Brilliant tag! I love how your mind works!