Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Tim Holtz Style

This week Bloggers Challenge is cardboard. Immediately I knew I wanted to make a book. Since the challenge at Grungy Monday is A Holtz-ian Halloween , I decided that the challenges would work together well.

Starting with Bloggers Challenge, although not readily visible, I used cardboard in two places--one is for the cover of the book and the other is for the cover leaf.
Here is the cardboard before I wrapped the cover. I used it for front and back and book spine.
For the leaf I covered and piece of cardboard with a dictionary page and die cut it using one of Tim Holtz' dies.



The book is based on one Tim shared on his blog in February. He called it his Valentine mini-book. For the inside I used a  Halloween page from his seasonal paper stack. I varied from Tim's technique by adding a cover to the folded paper. In addition to his technique, I used a number of stamps and embellishments from the Tim Holtz line, hence, it is definitely A Tim Holtzian Halloween book. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll stop talking, and share a few of the pages with you.

 

Pocket tags




9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous use of the cardboard, love how it turned out!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is fabulous. Looks awesome.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great piece, love the leaf.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Halloween book - fab use of the cardboard!

Ida said...

Awesome Halloween Book.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your book is wonderful Barbara! I love the leaf! Great use of cardboard! :D

Chrissy D said...

What a fun Halloween book! Each page has a unique flair that really stands out! Wonderful work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful project- love the leaf on the dictionary page- love the great colors on the cover.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great book - the leaf is really calling me!