Saturday, October 8, 2011

Might as Well Dance

I love when Simon Says Stamp and Show challenges us to create something in the Wendy Vecchi style. It does make me think a little outside of my box. I combined this challenge with Created by Hand's challenge of masks/ovals and Gingersnap Creations'  Color Challenge to use turquoise, blue, and purple.
I used chip board for the base of my wall hanging and covered it with a piece of Tim Holtz release kraft paper and die cut it. I used faded jeans distress stain to color the die cut. The sentiment is from Club Scrap. I know that mask has several meanings in the stamping world, but in the honor of Halloween I decided to use a mask stamp from Stamp Zia.  I love how the colors, shapes and textures came together.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

great and take on the theme.
Thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Candy C said...

Hello. Thank you for joining us for Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week. Your entry is lovely! <3 Candy

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the challenges, love the glittery mask!

Sarah said...

these are great colours and I really like the mask! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea, great piece of art.

SmilynStef said...

Love that fabulous mask ... so glad you joined our Color Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.