Friday, October 28, 2011

Raven Skull

I created this card for the Gingersnap Creations Theme Challenge of Ravens. all this month Gingersnap has been celebrating Edgar Allen Poe. Since this is also Halloween weekend, I wanted to keep in the spirit. My ravens are from Rubber Bandit. I just love the raven with words from Poe's poem on it. On the background panel I embossed the large gate using a Cuttlebug folder on black cardstock and then highlighted it with white ink. The skull came about when I used my Pumpkin Jack die on my last card. When I held the die upside down, I saw a skull. I used the die on white cardstock, shaded it with black soot distress ink. The mouth was made using a part of a TH zigzag stamp. The nose was left over from the pennant die cut I used on my last card. For the eyes I cut two ovals. Tim always says that his dies can be used in more than one way.
I am also entering my card on a new challenge site to me. The challenge at Take a Word is black and white.
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Fascinating! Love your take on the Raven challenge! I don't recall ever seeing that EF and now I have got to have it! So perfectly Gothic for this card! Have a great weekend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- and the images- not my usual style- but loving everything about it!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Very clever use of that die! Love the ravens, too. Thanks for playing along with Gingersnap Creations!

Sandi McLean said...

Such a clever use of everything - adore your card! Just the sort of Halloween I adore..:)

Laura said...

Love your take on the theme.Thanks for joining us at gingers.