Saturday, October 29, 2011

Paris Journey

This week the Grungy Monday challenge was a fabulous one. Linda challenge us to use the video tutorial Tim Holtz Presents: Perfect Distress. I have been a fan of perfect pearls since they came out years ago, and yes, I have every color. Sometimes I just forget about them. Unfortunately, a flatbed scanner just doesn't pick up the shimmer like I wish it would. All stamps used are from the Tim Holtz collection. For the background I stamped the Environs of Paris map in crushed olive distress ink. I stamped Moulin Rouge (one of my favorite stamps from Tim and it's autographed) in aged mahogany. I used biscotti perfect pearls over it. From that point I just started playing with stamps. I am always amazed that when I am doing a Tim Holtz technique, it seems that I can do nothing wrong. The colors, images, words can all be mixed together on the card and it always looks great. It goes against the logical side of my brain, but that's the creative process.

3 comments:

Hettie said...

This is a super piece. I cannot get a good shot of the perfect pearls either.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ooh, Barbara, THIS is fabulous! I love the colors you used, and the way you combined the images is brilliant. Beautiful work on the Perfect Distress technique-- this just glows!!!

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it’s very unique & refreshing…