Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Frenzy

This card meets a number of challenges this week and month. Let me start by saying that Hels at Ink on my Fingers challenged us with the theme Mojo. At first I just scratched my head. I had no idea how to do a theme representing mojo. After thinking a while, I realized that my mojo is exhilerated when I am able to combine (meaningfully) several swaps together.
Mojo Monday's sketch is often a starting point. Two challenges involved Halloween -- Tuesday Throwdown and Stampsmith. For the Stampsmith challenge we had to use at least one Stampsmith stamp. I used the witch from the Wizard of Oz stamp sheet. The Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap creations is to use crimpers.  The orange panel is made from metal. Crimpers and metal are a match made in heaven.
Here I have a card which satisfies five challenges and my mojo is very happy.

8 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card. That orange metal panel looks fantastic. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Barbara
Very creative use of The Stampsmith stamps.
So glad you joined TSC once again as it is good to see you return time and time again.
Good Luck with the prize draw.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. I hope you are taking part in the competition over at the Designers' Blog which ends this evening.

Anonymous said...

Really fun Halloween creation!! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT

Deb (dcorder) said...

Oh wow! I love the wavy crimpler. Great Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Hels Sheridan said...

loving your Hallowe'en art.. I am a boring Brit so Hallowe'en over here is practically non existent... I am making up for it this year though... embracing my inner witch lol :O)) Sorry I am a little late getting to see your entry... was worth the wait for me :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Ali Manning said...

This is awesome, Barbara - thanks for playing the Gingersnaps challenge :)

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the addition of the crimped paper. It looks perfect with the scary images. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

That orange wavy paper sure makes an impact! Love how you've used a sketch as inspiration! So glad you joined us for the Stampsmith Challenge! Best of luck, Val ;)