Friday, October 7, 2011

Fallin' For You

Whew, I'm late posting after being missing in action for two Fridays. The first Friday I had no computer since my Internet went out. Last Friday I was on my way back from visiting Mickey Mouse in Florida. Now that computer problems and my trip are behind me, I should get back into my groove again.
This week at Bloggers Challenge Lisa challenged us to use the theme Fallin' for You and interpret it however we chose.
As you see, I took it two directions--a little love scene among the fall leaves. My image is from Stampsmith and the large oak leaf is a stamp from Stampland. I stamped the couple using a mortise mask and then stamped the image on glossy paper. I then masked the image and stamped the leaf and cut it out. The background panel was done using the wrinkle free distress technique. Layered over the panel are strips of fall leaves which were cut using a punch. (It's such a great punch, and I almost didn't buy it.)
I'm also entering this card in the Kraft Journal challenge which is lavish layers and The Artistic Stamper challenge which is autumn colors.

15 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

love the masked image, and the surrounding leaves on glossy paper are awesome!

Ida said...

Fun card. I love the couple among all the wonderful fall leaves. Good to have you back.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Finally, some romance, Barbara. Great card!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun technique! Great masking and those leaves are perfect for fall! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Lori said...

Too cool! Love how you spotlighted the image of the couple.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

love love love this Barb!

Alison Horne said...

beautiful glowing leaves give this a real movie feel.x

Alison said...

fabulous card Barbara! Thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge! x

Unknown said...

That Image is right up my street I love it, and those leaves. Wow! Hugs Vee x

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card Barbara! The colors are fantastic! I'm sure that you had fun with Mickey! It's our favorite vacation place! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the challenge! Love the images and how you masked the leaves!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- that is so cool! I love the masked frame highlighting the lovely couple, Great card!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is gorgeous! Love the frame you added!

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper with your Autumn colours ;)
xoxo Sioux

Terry said...

Love that spotlight frame! Wow this works for Fall and Falling! Beautiful design!