Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tim in Ten

The Grungy Monday challenge this week is to create a greeting card using at least one Tim Holtz product in ten minutes or less. I did it in slightly less than 10 minutes. However, this was only because we could think it through and gather our supplies before starting the timer. For my background panel I used part of a piece of striped paper from a TH paper stack. Then I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss stripes on the panel. I edged the panel with weathered wood distress ink. I then took a piece of ribbon and dyed it with broken china distress stain and did a quick dry with my heat gun. The image panel was done using the umbrella man texture trade and one of the reverse lettering stamps. I stamped inside the embossing folder and ran my cardstock through my vagabond. I highlighted umbrella man with black soot embossing ink. The panel was edged in broken china distress ink. The sentiment was stamped on a journaling ticket. Then everything was layered and adhered to the base card. Whew, it was a race against time, but I did it and moreso, I like what I did. It took me longer to write about my card, than to make it.
I am also entering my card in Simon Says Stamp and Show stripes. Although not vivid, the background panel is printed with wide stripes and then dry embossed using a stripes folder.

6 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

This is wonderful. Love that you embossed your stripes. It almost looks as if you put together tiny strips of paper. Great design! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Maggie said...

gorgeous card and using my fav rain man!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful GF and well thought out...sorry life has gotten into the way of my commenting....miss you and send love.

Shelly Hickox said...

Fantastic card - love the color palette you used. I never thought about using those little texture trades like that either. I don't do ATCs much so I didn't think I needed them. You've changed my mind! :-)

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, lovely design.

Terry said...

Very impressed with this 10 minute really cool card! Also love the stripes, which I noticed right off! It is rather amazing that we can actually do something that fast, but my DH just remarked, "what about the clean up." He will be going hungry tonight!