Friday, October 28, 2011

Sir Jack-O-Lantern

I'll be sorry to see the Halloween season come to an end. It has been so much fun creating Halloween art. This week's Bloggers Challenge is Happy Haunting. I just received my Pumpkin Jack die (Tim Holtz) in the mail and had to use it. I had planned to use the faux leather technique on the orange paper for texture, but I found this paper which already had texture, so I just added some ripe persimmon distress ink direct to paper. I don't have the Movers and Shakers face die, so I improvised. I used the On the Edge Pennants die. The eyes and nose are cut from the larger pennant. The mouth is the part that comes between the cutting of both pennants. The background is made using the double embossing technique. First I embossed the wavy lines and highlighted them in purple (seedless preserves distress ink); then, I used the Halloween words texture fade and highlighted the raised areas with ripe persimmon. The monacle and metal "trick" tag I found when I was going through some of my forgotten stash. Timely, eh?
I am entering this card into several challenges this week: Kraft Journal -- Anything Goes (background panel is kraft), Created by Hand -- Halloween/Tag Dies, I Brake for Challenges -- Halloween, and Inspiration Emporium -- Black, Purple, and Orange.
Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This cute guy--love the Altered look! had too many treats! Love all the elements you added to it.
TFS--it was great to be able to play along for a nice change.
HH, Nola

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific jackolantern, Barbara...the spotlight on the eye really draws you in. Well done.

Ida said...

How fun! Wonderful texture and the Monacal was a cute touch.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is terrific Barbara! What a wonderful jack-o-lantern! Have a Happy Halloween! :D

Unknown said...

Well done, love this unique project and we thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal too!!

Basement Stamper said...

great card, love the spectacle!

Yogi said...

nice jack o lantern

Jan Hennings said...

love your card!

Chrissy D said...

Love this!!! What a FUN card - love your jackolantern!!!

Lori said...

How fun! Love the lens over his eye--the perfect accent!

Lisa Somerville said...

How fun - love your improvisions!