Thursday, October 20, 2011

Serenity

When I began my card I knew that I wanted to work on a card for Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge. Hels challenged us to use leaves on our work. The sketch at Mojo Monday seemed a great place to start. Then it happened. My muse went off somewhere..I'm guessing to take a nap.  Nothing was coming together. Fortunately my muse returned today and this is the result. A bit of design paper, an embossing folder with pumpkins, a leaf border punch, a flower die, and a great stamp from Artistic Outpost's Serenity sheet and voila, an autumn card is born which meets both challenges.

2 comments:

Alison Horne said...

Beautiful card Barbara, like the leaves used as a border.xx

Lynne Phelps said...

I LOVE this card! The balance is just wonderful with the dark patterns on the left and the light embossing on the right, with the border of leaves in between. The image and flower crossing all the boundaries, it's WONDERFUL! I also love all the colors and patterns, so very pleasing to the eye!