Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vintage Seamstress

This week the Technique Junkies Try That Technique challenge is Faux tiles from the Jun/Jul 2011 newsletter. I like this technique because it has such a vintage look.  The thought of vintage brought to my mind this Sew Much to Do stamp from Chapel Road Artstamps. I stamped the image and created the tiles. I decided that that buttons would be the perfect embellishments for my card. Did you notice that the entire card is done in shades of brown? Well, since Simon Says Stamp and Show has a one color challenge this week, my card works well for it.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

This is fantastic Barbara! I love the vintage look and the use of those brown inks was perfect.

Candy C said...

Hello. Your vintage seamstress is very nicely done. I like the multiple tile idea...and you were right...your buttons are a nice embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Lisa Somerville said...

This image was perfect for the technique - lovely card!