Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall Blooms

I have to admit that this weeks Bloggers Challenge gave me a bit of problem at first. Lisa gave us the challenge of  Fall Blooms. I spent some time trying to match what I considered to be autumn blooming flowers to what I had in my stamp collection. At first I considered doing sunflowers, but if you saw what my sunflowers looked like right now, you'd understand why I chose not to.  Anyway, I finally decided to use goldenrod. I used a stamp from Stamp Zia, stamped it in green for the stems and colored the flowers with Smooch paint. I found a poem on the Internet which mentioned goldenrod and my card came to life. I'm really looking forward to how everyone else interpreted this theme.

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Fall Blooms - the golden rod stamps is beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

I had the same problem, but I think you did a great job! Love these blooms.

Unknown said...

Just so delicate this stamp is ab/fab. Love your card Hugs Vee xx

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Love your card:)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is gorgeous, Barbara. Love your card.

Chrissy D said...

Ohh so cool! Love that image and the colors you used!

Ida said...

Great image and the Quote was very nice.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card Barbara! What a great sentiment! :D